Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bible Study

This morning I went to our Ladies Bible Study, it is always such a blessing to me, we are Studying the book,"Lies Women Believe and the Truth that sets them Free" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss it's a fabulous book and I am thoroughly enjoying it!! The two Lies we studied today were- "I am not fully responsible for my actions and reactions" and " I cannot walk in consistent victory over sin" We talked about how it is so easy to blame others for our problems instead of taking fully responsibility for our own actions. After Nathan confronted King David after he sinned with Bathsheba he wrote these words " Have mercy on me O God, According to Your loving kindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions and my son is always before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight- . . Create in me a clean heart O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me." Ps 51


David knew he had sinned, and when he fessed up to it, He didn't blame others he wanted God to purify his Heart, and so often when we sin we know that our relationship with God is no longer pure, and until we confess it to God there is something there that is keeping us from full communion with Him, it's guilt, it's not God's fault it's there it's our, we are the one who put it there.


I like the verse from 1 Cor 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you except such as common to man; but God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptaiton will also make the way of escape that you may be able to bear it.


Wow what an awesome promise to us, He has provided that way of escape for us!! PTL




After Bible Study I took a friend out shopping, I think I am almost finished my Christmas shopping, I just need a small colouring book or something like that for my neice, I will need to check my list again to make sure, but for now I will enjoy the fact that I am $ 5 away from finished!! Hurray!!




On a totally different note - - - D3 is pretty much walking!! I need to take a picture or video clip of him sometime, but he's sleeping right now so . . . I will bless you with pics of his Birthday the other week!!


Now isn't he such a sweety??

We love him to bits!!

Till next Time,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment